Agency activity :
The State Government has appointed APIDFC as channelizing agency to implement the various schemes of assistance of National Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Finance and Development Corporation Limited, a Govt. of India undertaking and an apex financial institution for financing facilitating and promoting the economic development activities of STs of the state. As on March 1999, the Corporation has sanctioned term loan aggregating Rs.83.28 lakhs to 52 beneficiaries and disbursed Rs.68.97 lakhs to 49 beneficiaries under the different schemes of assistance.
Joint Venture Project :
The Corporation has promoted a joint venture hotel project at Itanagar with Indian Tourism Development Corporation under the name of Donyi Polo Ashok Hotel Corporation Limited.
Incentives for industries :
The following incentives are available in the state :
CENTRAL SUBSIDIES :
- Transport subsidy @ 90% transportation cost of raw materials/finished goods between Siliguri and site of the Project. Also 50% subsidy of transportation cost of finished goods from one state to another in the NE Region.
- All incentives under the New Industrial Policy for the NE Region.
STATE SUBSIDIES :
- Land is allotted on a 40 years’ lease basis.
- The allotments of built-up factory sheds in the industrial estate on a concessional rate for three years.
- Subsidised training fee of Rs.5000/- per head provided the trainees are employed by the industrial unit.
- Capital subsidy at 15% in case of tiny and SSI units.
- Capital subsidy at 7.5% to medium and large scale units subject to a maximum of Rs.12 lakhs.
- Subsidy of 50% of the cost of technical know-how obtained by SSI and tiny Industries from reputed research and development organization subject to Maximum of Rs.50,000/-.
- 4% subsidy in interest charged by Financial Institution on term loan for a period of 5 years.
- All the incentives for rehabilitation of sick industrial units.
- 50% subsidy towards cost of diesel generating set upto a maximum of Rs.50,000.
- Subsidy equivalent to the power consumed on the actual manufacturing process for a period of 3 years to all industries except plywood and medium/large scale industrial units.
- 50% of the cost but not exceeding Rs. 25,000/- of feasibility study and preparation of project report provided the study/report is conducted/prepared with prior approval and by an approved consultant.
- 25% subsidy on the purchase of testing equipments and fees of the Bureau of Indian Standard (BIS), both for registration and the annual fee for a period of 5 years from the date of production.
- Price preference on the produce of local industries purchased by the government, semi-government and autonomous organisations at the following rates :-
@ 7.5% to Co-operative venture and large and medium industries.
@ 15% to the SSI units.
@ 17% to cottage/tiny sectors, security/earnest money deposits are also exempted for registered SSI Units.